Last Sunday (although he had tried to pull it off the day before) my non-boyfriend (a term I came up with while we walked my dog) pretty much wrote a chapter in The Book of Awesome titled “How to get a girl to take you back”. Seriously.
- Picking me up at my house: check.
- Taking me to his place: check.
- Making me an amazing dinner from scratch: check.
- Having dessert ready: check.
- Taking a dip in the hot tub: check.
- Laying his feelings on the line: check.
- Telling me he wants to be with me: check.
- Telling me he’s happiest when he’s with me and nobody treats him as well as I do: super check.
Being honest and communicating is key. I’m in no rush for something super serious, I’m only 22, for God’s sake! Getting your heart broken is a risk we have to take, and I’m glad he’s taking it. You can’t win big if you don’t bet big.